Gardening, Cooking, and Making Memories
Kids learn from the world around them – sights, smells, textures, tastes, and experiences. With wide eyes and open minds, their world becomes so rich and colorful. Bunny’s Garden is designed to help you build something with your kids. Or even to simply cultivate an existing hobby as an adult!
I still hold onto a vivid memory of my grandmother reading me a story about gardening. The story focused on planting a sweet potato to grow a new plant. I remember her lovingly taking the time to actually plant that sweet potato. And I remember the joy I felt when I saw roots and bright green leaves coming from it! It’s stayed with me my entire life. Now, with kids of my own, I enjoy every opportunity to create meaningful memories together, sharing a hobby we all love.
What Is Bunny’s Garden?
This site’s name comes from our oldest daughter, whom we nicknamed Bunny. Bunny’s been my gardening buddy for years. This year is really awesome because she’s older and even more interested in gardening, planting, and learning!
Her younger sister, “Little Bear,” also enjoys planting, and more especially, eating the foods that we grow! I started the Bunny’s Garden Blog to chronicle our adventures in growing a home garden, planting seeds, and enjoying the foods we’ve grown ourselves. I’ll also include some snapshots from daily life – cooking, crafts, and more.
I started this blog during the 2020 Covid-19 pandemic and quarantine. My stress levels exploded with the convergence of the virus pandemic all around us and a family health emergency that occurred right around the start of the lock-downs. Thankfully, things seem to be improving and I’ve found gardening and particularly seed starting to be a helpful form of stress relief. I think a lot of people feel that way.
Here at Bunny’s Garden, we’ll share:
- Our best tips for gardening with kids
- Fun suggestions for cooking with kids, like our sister site, Toddler Meal Tips
- Favorite recipes with OR without things we’ve actually grown
- Must-haves that make our lives easier and products to avoid at all costs
- In some cases, we may earn a small affiliate commission for products that you buy through an Amazon link or similar from our site. This comes at no extra cost to you and I promise the money earned will make its way to my girls in one form or another. I’ll also only recommend products I personally stand behind, and I’ll always share my honest-to-goodness true feelings about any item mentioned here on Bunny’s Garden.
We’ll give a little glimpse into our lives and look forward to connecting with you and yours.